Friday, September 17, 2010

Handi Rack System Review

The Worlds first Inflatable Roof rack System
The Handi Rack system that I picked up at sportsman's ware house in Lexington KY for $89.99 was a good choice to start with vs paying $550 for a new rack system.  I needed some way to carry my new kayak home and to the water just to get started.  And if you have two cars and only one has a rack system this is a good inexpensive way for the 2nd car.  The pump that comes with the system is not the beat but does the job very well.  It goes on very easy, but once I started to add air I noticed that one would not stay inflated so out of the gate I was disappointed.  But the other 3 were OK so I keep moving ahead anyway.  We did have some rain he morning of the test and from reading other reviews the water will leak into the truck.  So I would recommend that you wrap a towel around the area just above the door if it starts to rain. once at the store to pick up my Tarpon 120 the Handi Rack System worked out great very easy to tie to, and the kayak rode very well.  I would give it 3 1/25 stars out of 5 just because I have to drive back to Lexington to exchange it since one tube will not stay inflated, but I do recommend this system its quick easy cheap and packs up nicely.







2 comments:

  1. It is working great so far. It might be to much to hold two kayaks but one works well.

    ReplyDelete